2007年10月13日土曜日

I never actually seem to manage to post on Friday. One, because I generally don't blog and so I'm just not thinking about it, and two, Fridays are busy.

But I've been wanting to post this for a little while, so here is an awesome video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L91KVUXRBq8 I'm sure there's a better way to share the video, but I'm not sure how, so go there. Even if you don't know sign language, watch it. You will enjoy it =P I mean, you can tell that he's talking about a ninja. That's the beauty of classifiers. I'm interested in finding out how Japanese uses classifiers, because I tend to think of them only in terms of ASL, and not verbal languages. Counters may be an example. Also, when I looked up that video I looked up some Japanese Sign Language too just to compare, which was really interesting.

どようびはうちでかがくをべんきょうします。>.<

4 件のコメント:

本屋 さんのコメント...

This is Smith-san's blog right? Anyways, welcome to the blog group.

Vero さんのコメント...

haha, that's a cool video julianna (julianne? Can you tell me which one it is so I don't say/type it wrong in the future?). I sort of understood he was talkin about a ninja when he was doing circular movements with his arms, but I really got it when he covered his face to only reveal the eyes. haha. that's cool. So what exactly is a classifier?

saith seren さんのコメント...

It's Julianna.

As for classifiers, they are somewhat difficult to explain because they are not used extensively in english but they (at least in sign language) indicate general qualities without having a set specific meaning. In a verbal sense I am sure they are slightly different which is why I am interested in seeing how this relates to Japanese.

匿名 さんのコメント...

Il semble que vous soyez un expert dans ce domaine, vos remarques sont tres interessantes, merci.

- Daniel